Dahlonega Wedding Venues - Cavender Castle - Dahlonega Wedding VenueThe Castle - one of the original Dahlonega Wedding Venues
Thinking about getting married in Dahlonega? Searching for Dahlonega wedding venues? Confused about which Dahlonega wedding venue best suits your needs? This page will provide the answers you are looking for. And, as a bonus you will learn Five Reasons To Get Married In Dahlonega Georgia.
Cavender Castle – One of the original Dahlonega Wedding Venues
There have numerous options when it comes to Dahlonega Wedding Venues. Dahlonega, located in the mountains of North Georgia has earned a reputation as one of the fastest growing destination wedding locations in the country.
If you are thinking about a Dahlonega Wedding Venue you have come to the right website!
What about a Barn wedding? Maybe a Winery Wedding? How about a Resort Wedding? You can think of Dahlonega Wedding Venues for all of these options, and more!. .
The Castle, owned by the Durham Family has weddings in Dahlonega since 2004. We are one of the original Dahlonega Wedding venues. Located just one hour north of Atlanta, we have earned a reputation for weddings that are both fun and affordable.
Our Cavender Castle Estate features six locations for your ceremony and reception: See descriptions of them here: Castle Venues
Planning a larger wedding? No worries! Read on to find a list of Dahlonega Wedding Venues that can accommodate larger groups.
And before you research other areas for your wedding be sure to read Five Reasons To Get Married In Dahlonega Georgia. The list appears in the next section.
Five Reasons To Get Married in Dahlonega Georgia:
Over the past ten years Dahlonega has emerged as one of the best places to get married in the USA. Why? Here are five reasons to get married in Dahlonega Georgia:
- Location. Dahlonega is only one hour from downtown Atlanta. This makes it easy for guests living in the Atlanta metro area to attend your wedding. Plus, North Georgia is situated conveniently for couples who have family up north and in the south. It is a halfway point that makes sense when planning a wedding for families living in different states. And, don’t forget Atlanta Hartsfield International airport makes air travel easy.
- History. Dahlonega is the location of the first major gold rush back in the mid-1800’s. Gold was discovered in Dahlonega before Colorado, California and Alaska. At one time there was even a US Mint in Dahlonega. Our heritage has been preserved and celebrated throughout the community. For example, our old courthouse is now operated as a Gold Museum by the Georgia Dept. Natural Resources. Also, the town square has been preserved featuring a variety of restaurants, antique stores, craft stores, candymakers, and an old time general store.
- Lodging. As a tourist driven economy Dahlonega features a wide variety of hotels, motels, B&Bs, campgrounds, cabins, and vacation rentals for visitors. You can see a few of our favorites here: Lodging
- Attractions. There are lots of things for your guests to do while attending your wedding weekend. Achasta, a Jack Nicklaus designed course gives golfers a great experience in the mountains. You also have waterfalls to visit, hiking, wine tours, horseback rides, tubing/canoeing, and don’t forget to pan for gold at the local mines. See a complete list of things to do at our Chamber of Commerce website.
- Friendly People. This is maybe the biggest reason to get married in Dahlonega. Our entire community welcomes and appreciates visitor attending weddings in the area. Almost, everyone is touched in way by the positive effect that the wedding business has on our local economy. We did not invent southern hospitality, but we have perfected it!
We have listed just five reasons to get married in Dahlonega Georgia. Schedule a tour of Cavender Castle and to learn more!
Dahlonega Wedding Venue:
We are about to do what you will never see from a Dahlonega Wedding Venue… Like providing you with a list of some of our biggest competitors!
Why are we doing this?
Because we realize that getting married at Cavender Castle is not the right venue for everyone.
Our business is built upon couples looking for either an Elopement, or an affordable D-I-Y wedding venue. Most of our brides grew up dreaming of being a princess who gets married at a beautiful fairy-tale venue, like Cavender Castle.
However, we are not a good fit for couples looking for a Barn Wedding. Or for a Winery Wedding. But we do understand that every wedding in Dahlonega indirectly benefits us. All weddings help our local economy. And, all Dahlonega weddings put us on the short list for couples thinking about their future wedding plans.
Finally, Cavender Castle owner, Rev. Rick Durham is an ordained officiant who conducts ceremonies at most of these other Dahlonega Wedding venues. And, our staff also provides photography, and wedding planning services at many of the North Georgia Wedding Venues listed below.
Five Stars – (Fantastic Experience!)
“I highly recommend planning your wedding with the Durham family!
They made all the stress go away by helping us plan our big day. They were very patient and understanding and kept us from scrambling around all by ourselves to get things organized. Once the wedding began they took care of everything and we didn’t have to worry about anything else!
Thank you so much for being do great and sharing the day with us!Brittany & Joel
Some of our favorite Dahlonega Wedding Venues:
- Amicalola Lodge, Located between Dahlonega and Ellijay, GA. Affordable, scenic weddings at Amicalola State Park
- Bear Ridge Lodge, Located between Dahlonega & Ellijay, GA. Scenic, private lodge for those looking for lodging at their wedding location
- Blue Mountain Vineyards, Located five minutes from downtown Dahlonega, their mountain top ceremony site cannot be beat for beauty and photos
- Cavender Castle, Dahlonega, GA. OK, so we are partial to this family focused wedding venue…
- Far Winds Waterfall Weddings, Dahlonega, GA. Scenic waterfall venue for up to 200 guests
- Frogtown Cellars, Dahlonega, GA. Scenic, family owned vineyard in Dahlonega
- Juliette Chapel, Dahlonega, GA. Relatively new venue offering D-I-Y weddings for up to 75 guests
- Montaluce Vineyards, Elegant winery weddings for up to 200 guests
More Wedding Venues in Dahlonega…
- Small Wedding Experts, Offering ceremonies at cabins and unique locations in Dahlonega and throughout North Georgia
- North Grove Hall, Intimate venue for ceremonies and receptions in downtown Dahlonega
- The Smith House, Historic Country Inn with lodging on the premises
- Three Sisters Vineyards. The oldest winery in the Dahlonega area.
- Vacation Rental Weddings, Featuring elopements and intimate weddings at cabins and Dahlonega and throughout North Georgia
- Waterfall Wedding Experts, Offering wedding ceremonies in Dahloneg and throughout North Georgia
- White Oaks Barn, Dahlonega, GA. Mountain ceremony site and beautiful barn receptions for large groups